Re: [Cdrecord-video] Re: Cdrtools-2.01a25 ready

>From: Rob Bogus <rob23@tmr.com>

>>Note that libscg needs to include recent kernel include files
>>in order to be able to support recent kernel SCSI transport
>>interfaces.
>>
>>The problem you observe is caused by broken Linux kernel include files.
>>Send a bug report to the Linux Kernel folks.
>>
>>Unfortumately, the Linux kernel people don't understand this and
>>refuse to fix the inconsistensistencies in their code.
>>

>Wrong. You do not understand the documentation which says not to include
>kernel files. There is no magic which makes /usr/src/linux point to
>source for the running kernel, or in fact *any* kernel source. You have
>made unwarranted assumptions about what will be found at that point,
>based on how you have your own system configured, no doubt.

Wrong!

Never believe in documentation written by people who don't understand
what they write.

This is the _only_ way to deal with unless every kernel comes
with a set of include files that represent the current kernel and that may
be put safely under /usr/include/

>I understand that you might want to have some 2.6 header information,
>but the only *safe* way to do this is to include the few you need in
>your own source, making the installation of current kernel source a
>requirement to run the make is not the best solution.

This is complete nonsense!

Note that a portable application cannot include 20 versions of include
files for each of the > 30 platforms it compiles on.
If the Linux kernel people believe in this nonsense, then they just
verify that thay don't grok anyhting :-(

>This one is not a Linux problem, it's a problem that Linux does work the
>way you wish it would, your system is not the standard to which all
>others are configured, and you made incorrect assumptions. Given a
>choice of having a half-GB of source I don't want in a place I don't
>want it, or doing without -scanbus, I'll live without it.

It is caused by the fact that the Linux kernel people don't seem to have the
needed knowledge or caused by the fact that these people are just trying
to create something equally proprietary as M$ Win32.

If the Linux kernel people are ignoring facts from the world around them, then
they cannot be taken for serious.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling