Re: DVD+/-R writers

> If you continue to repeat the marketing lies from the DVD+ alliance, nobody
> would believe you.

Perhaps the DVD+- are telling lies about each other, wouldn't be surprising.

> If you believe that DVD+ is able to do things DVD- can't so please name these
> features.

Going by my own observation and not what someone tells me, it seems random
access write to DVD+RW is rather easier than to DVD-RW. I don't have to
blank the disk, and it still works at 0.1x speed. Andy's DVD+RW kernel patch
isn't meant for DVD-RW - could this be because DVD-RW doesn't allow
something?

+/- compatibility issues are just a question of time, one would assume
dvdrom anything which can only read - are no longer being made. cdroms were
in a similar position once.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.