Re: DVD recording adventures continued

> Can I suggest a bad IDE cable as a possible cause? Noise on the
> cable might lead to ECC errors I'd say.

Thanks for the hint. I also came to think there might be something wrong
with my IDE. And now that you mention the cable: the box is a Shuttle
barebone, and the cable is a special cable (split into several parts
to make it narrower) designed for that case. That does mean, I cannot
try another cable, and probably it is not even defect, but the design
may hold higher risk of bus errors. Now that all sounds reasonable.
But - all errors so far have been quite deterministic / reproducable.
And that certainly speaks against above theory, does it?

I will test more of the same media (perhaps it really was by accident
this one time) as well as Andy's one-time-tool (Thank you!),
probably tomorrow.

FL