Re: Re: DVD recording adventures continued

>From fl@mail.goerlich-pharma.com  Tue Nov 25 21:25:50 2003

>> The PIoneer drives in contrast will try to write to any medium but they
>> will use a specific slow write strategy in this case.

>Interesting. Sounds much more customer-friendly. And the Plextor?

My experiences with Plextor show that a high quality Pioneed 1x DVD-RW
medium is not accepted ny the plector drive and the result it that
it looks like cdrecord is broken because the Plextor drive does not handle
mandatory commands (in case a DVD medium is loaded) anymore.

Plextor knows about the problem, but I did not yet test 1.03 FW as all 5 other
FW versions that I test did not fix the problem.

>Well, I cannot give you more than what I already posted in these
>threads (same for NEC and Plextor):
> ..
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> BURN-Free is ON.
> Turning BURN-Free off
> ./cdrecord-ProDVD: VTrack 0 has unknown length.
> ./cdrecord-ProDVD: Cannot open next track.
> Writing  time:    0.006s

You did not follow the man page for cdrecord and the README in

	ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

This is definitely wrong usage.

cdrecord writes in SAO mode so it needs to know the sizes.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling