Re: Pioneer DVR-A06 query

> I've been asking around and have the opportunity of getting a Pioneer
> DVR-A06 as an alternative.
>
> But before I spend yet more cash - what experiences have people had
> with this drive under linux?

Very good - plug in and go. No troubles. Writes Verbatim media
DVD+-R(W) all fine (this being the media I have easy access to which
seems ok quality). When I tried it with Andy's random-access kernel
patch it worked sort of ok (I had about 2 corrupted files out of about
400MB which I put down to bugs in udf or whereever), although Andy said
he expects this burner to not work with his patch at all. There are no
problems with the combo growisofs + Pioneer A06 / 106. The A06 and 106
are identical drives, but one of them ships with a second CD of useless
(and rather buggy, a friend tells me) softstuff. There are faster drives
these days though, life's tough ;)

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.