Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Re: Cdrecord bug in DAO mode (version 2.01a19)

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: Rob Bogus <rob23@tmr.com>

From rob23@tmr.com  Sat Oct 25 15:44:25 2003

What do you expect when you use low quality media on a low quality drive?

I don't think that's the whole story, honestly. I have been having problems with 2.01a19 and audio as well. This week I have burned 17 data CDs without *any* problem, and using the same media and burner had to try eight times to finally get one single audio CD. The media may not be great, but it works for data, so there is some other issue in place. Yes, I tried both default and the -dao option.
If you _read_ the error message, wou would see that it is obvious that the
drive is does not able to write the medium corectly.

And if you read the question, why is the same drive able to write the same media without problems for data and not for audio? Unless you believe that I have a strange power to select the good media for data and the bad media for audio, then something else is involved. It didn't do this with older versions of cdrecord.

Broken Firmware? Ask the manufacturer......

Thank you, that is a far more useful answer than bad media, since the media is the same in both data and audio cases. Bad media gives me something to chase in terms of firmware. It's not clear why using a newer version might trigger a problem, but the firmware might have a bug in one mode or another.

I'll check the firware rev and exact model when I get back to the system in ten days or so. The system is in another location. It's an ASUS 20x writer, but I will do a checkdrive and get details then.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time