Re: DVD in dummy write works, but not real mode? (linux 2.6.0-test7 ide-cd)

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 01:39:02PM +1300, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

> This should be your answer. Remember cdrecord needs a device
> specification like dev=X,Y,Z, with X,Y,Z being the SCSI parameters. If
> you don't run your burner in SCSI-emulation mode, you can access it with
> some ATAPI but you'll still have to give the device as dev=ATAPI:X,Y,Z.
> Note the ATAPI is case-sensitive. Use
>
> cdrecord(-prodvd) dev=ATAPI: -scanbus
>
> to find out what numbers to use.
>
> The dev= thing is clear in the man age, the ATAPI: is explained in some
> remote corner (i.e. some README file).

;-)

Thank you very much for your answer, I have tried with ide-scsi and it
worked very well also under 2.6.0-test7-bk3.

I will retry with your explanations!!!

	Grégoire
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch