Re: growisofs could not close tracks or sessions correctly?

> I found there is a minor bug about "growisofs".

I think it's rather a result of wrong expectations...

> The DVD+R disc
> that created by growisofs seems not be closed correctly.

Define "closed." If "close" means "make unappendable," then you should
know that growisofs closes write-once media under following
circumstances only:

- growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd...
- growisofs -M /dev/dvd=/dev/zero;

This is intentional, as doing otherwise results in media which might
turn unplayable in legacy DVD-ROM units. Well, I rather mean that there
are legacy units out there which are not capable to play half-recorded
multi-border media. And *if* you had an option to close such media in
the middle and actually chose to do so, then there would be *nothing*
you could do to *make* it playable in such legacy unit. This is why you
have only these two options, "close the first session at once" or "fill
the media up." There is nothing in the middle and it's a compatibility
issue.

> I have tried
> to use the "IsoBuster 1.4" or "Nero 6.0.0.9" to check the discs.

Question is what is it that they do exactly to "check the disc." Sanity
of ISOFS layout? Is that part multi-session aware? Was it even the same
unit you recorded the media in and ran IsoBuster/Nero against (there
reportedly *are* incompatibilities between different recorder/player
brands)? Why did you decide to check it with IsoBuster/Nero in first
place? If you can mount the media and see all the files, doesn't it mean
that IsoBuster/Nero provide you with inconclusive result?

Well, please note that I don't actually expect you to answer every one
of these questions. Those are the questions you should ask *yourself* in
order to figure out what is *really* going on, understand if there
actually is a problem and just spell it. Once the problem is spelled, it
can't be dealt with, but not earlier:-) A.