HOWTO Create Streaming Multi-Volume Backups to CD or DVD

I've searched the archives of this mailing list and elsewhere to find
out how to use cdrecord to seamlessly stream data to multiple CDs
without the need for temporary files.

I couldn't find a solution so I've written a pair of programs that (I
believe) solve the problem.  You can find the BSD'ed source,
pre-compiled debian executables, and directions at the following URL:

    http://www.serice.net/shunt/

If you give it a try, please carefully verify that your backups are
correct (especially at the end and beginning of each CD or DVD).  I
wrote this code only in the last two days.  It works for me, but it
has not undergone any other testing.  All feedback is appreciated.

If you know another other ways to do this, please let me know.

Thanks
Paul Serice