Re: Burning audio disc literally 30x the system load of data disc

Ah.  In ide-cd.c, I can see it checking for 2kB alignment on reads;
however for writes:

        /* use dma, if possible. we don't need to check more, since we
         * know that the transfer is always (at least!) 2KB aligned */
        info->dma = drive->using_dma ? 1 : 0;
        info->cmd = WRITE;

using_dma was set on the devices in question...

/dev/hda:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
 IO_support   =  1 (32-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)

Is this setting being overruled at a higher or lower level in the call?

Monty