Re: V 1.21 and BC5.01 - a couple of points

Martin Waller wrote:

> Thanks for those suggestions which I have done.
>
> However, upon creating the vdll, the following errors are reported by tlink:
>
> d:\bc5\myprogs\V\srcwin\VYNREPLY.CPP:
> Loaded cached pre-compiled headers.
>         bcc32 +start.cfg d:\bc5\myprogs\V\srcwin\vstartup
> Borland C++ 5.0 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 1996 Borland International
> d:\bc5\myprogs\V\srcwin\VSTARTUP.CPP:
>         tlink32 @MAKE0002.@@@
> Turbo Link  Version 1.6.72.0 Copyright (c) 1993,1996 Borland International
> Error: Unresolved external 'vReplaceDialog::AskReplacePat(char*,const
> int,char*,const ...' referenced from module
> d:\bc5\myprogs\V\srcwin\VTEXTED.CPP
> Error: Unresolved external 'vReplaceDialog::DialogCommand(int,int,CmdType)'
> referenced from module d:\bc5\myprogs\V\srcwin\VTEXTED.CPP
>
> ** error 1 ** deleting V121BCC.dll
>
> ?
>
> I edited the Makefile and start.cfg to poitn the relevant locations..

Hmmm... I had problems using the IDE file under BC++ 5.01 too. I tend to
do command-line development almost exclusively so I just imported V into
my CVS server and moved things around where the makefile system I use
likes them (www.ysl.org). Now anytime a V release comes out I simply
move the Windows stuff where I want it and do a CVS import... now I can
do mingw32, VC++, or Borland builds by changing 2 lines in one file.
This is one of the things I really like about V... it is simple and
easily manipulated... it doesn't try to do too much and uses a fairly
standard file organization.

Anyways, I don't know how Bruce would feel about me documenting the few
changes I made so people could try switching makefile systems for
Windows builds if they like... once I evaluate Windows builds I'll see
how easily I can convert the X stuff to use the YSL makefiles too.

Brian Macy