Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[4]

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9905281054520.10867-100000@cyrix200.lameter.com>,
Chr
istoph Lameter writes:
>On Thu, 27 May 1999, Nils Lohner wrote:
>
>> - The voting procedures should be similar to a company and its stockholders
>> or to a cooperative and its members
>
>SPI is a nonprofit and thus the term stockholders does not
>apply and might give a wrong impression.

This was just to get people thinking of the correct model, it's not in the
text.

>> - The board of directors together with the committees run the organization.
>> - the board of directors (and its committees) represent the membership and
>> acts in accordance with its wishes.
>
>Committees are appointed by the board right? Thus the board is the
>representation of the membership and the committees are accountable to the
>board.

This was redundant; it's stated in both the membership and committee
sections.

>Have you thought about guidelines for resignations? Resignations seem to
>be quite common and it would be good to have some rules for these.

I don't think resingations should be addressed... a letter sent to the board of directors should be sufficient.  IWe can address that inteh BOD section.

Thanks for the comments.

Nils.