Re: possible test suite build problem?

At 2002/3/6 16:17-0500  Matt Wilson writes:
> I don't know if this will actually fix any aio failures, but the
> VSRT_RT_LIB variable is currently just "-lrt".  Currently the glibc
> aio implementation internally uses threads.  If your program is not
> linked against pthreads (i.e., has a DT_NEEDED on libpthreads.so.N),
> you're not guaranteed to get the correct threaded versions of glibc
> interfaces.  I suggest building the next release with
> VSRT_RT_LIB="-lpthread -lrt".
>
> Chris, when were you planning on the next release?

The next lsb-os source release will come out this week. The next
lsb-distribution-test binary early-mid next week. I'll do some testing
with the -lpthread flag but at this time we're planning on not having
aio tests run automatically with lsb-distribution-test.

Chris
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group