Re: Helping debian community

Thanks for support

However I don't understand why patching to publish on on official debian repositories

Le 01/06/2016 à 14:35, David Kalnischkies a écrit :
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 11:33:19AM +0200, Marwan Rabbâa wrote:
I wann help debian communities to provides some packages.

I have built a debian package for phantomjs (very useful for me).
https://packagecloud.io/waghanza/plunder/packages/debian/jessie/phantomjs_2.1.1_amd64.deb

I am not sure which packaging team I should contact to help and propose
phantomjs for official repositories.

Could you help me ?
You reached the development team of the Debians package manager APT,
we can of course help with everything, but we aren't the best place,
so I will just refer you to potentially better contact points:

Packaging (and asking for help with it) in general is better discussed on:
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org

In terms of phantomjs Debian actually has a package for it in the
archive – at least in the unstable and testing releases. It isn't in
stable and the news section in the package tracker shows a troubled
history of on and off maintaining:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/phantomjs
Perhaps its a good idea to talk to the maintainer about joining efforts!

There are also teams for various things, including Javascript, see as an
(incomplete) list: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams

Best regards

David Kalnischkies