Re: How to add program into official Debian repository

Hi Petr,

Quoting Petr Kutalek (2014-11-22 15:19:32)
> ) and I would like to add those into official Debian repo.
>
> Please, would you be so kind as to give some hint where can I find any
> instructions how to do that, what is the process, whom to contact etc.?

the right mailinglist for this kind of questions is
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org. This list is for the development of the apt
package manager.

Nevertheless, to get your package into Debian it has to be packaged and then
uploaded by a Debian Developer. If you want to do the packaging yourself, then
you should read various documents like this one:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

You should also file an ITP (intend to package) bug in the Debian bugtracker
for both your packages to let others know that you intend to package this
software and minimize the risk of somebody else spending time on packaging this
at the same time.

If you do not want to learn how to package software for Debian (the learning
curve is quite steep), then you might want to approach others who know how to
package for Debian and are interested in your software. People on the
pkg-cups-devel@lists.debian.org mailing list might be able to help you with
png2pos while people on the pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.debian.org mailing
list might be interested in telxcc. But you might also find them on
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.

Remember though, that you might not get a positive reply because everybody's
time is limited, in which case you either learn how to package yourself or wait
until somebody steps up to do it because they like your software.

Good luck!

cheers, josch