Re: apt-get libsolv

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 04:56:52PM +0100, Diarmuid O Briain wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> I was asked as part of a course I am doing to look at DNF/Libsolv as is
> part of the migration path for YUM in Fedora and if Debian based OS apt-get
> / Aptitude needs replacement or adaption to incorporate hawkey/libsolv.
>
> I was wondering what are the thoughts of Debian developers in this ? What
> is the development roadmap for apt-get etc...
>
> I would appreciate the thoughts of someone who knows something about this.

The actual question was answered already by other but I would be
interessted if something like libsolv could be used to order the
install/upgrade too? Given that we run into various ordering problems
every now and then it would be nice to have a different approach for
this based on something like libsolv.

Cheers,
 Michael