Re: Please help a apt ABI break by providing bin-NMUs

On 12059 March 1977, Michael Vogt wrote:

> the apt team plans to upload a new version of apt around 1. April that
> unfortunately breaks the ABI. To make this as painless as possible we
> would like to coordinate this with you so that we can schedule
> bin-NMUs. The ABI break is required for following new features:
> - allow Packages file without long descriptions [0]

Where can one see the changes that are in that release? The bzr
repository is either lying to me or its in another branch elsewhere or
ive completly forgot how bzr works or whatever. :)

One feature I asked for in my mail about the long descriptions was
having apt-ftparchive split the existing long descriptions out into a
seperate file. Is that implemented?

--
bye, Joerg
A.D. 1517: