Concerns about translation handling

I first sent this to Matt privately, but it's probably better here.

Let's try to resume my concerns about APT translations:

-I keep my archive synced with Matt's one

-Just to be sure, I regenerate po/apt-all.pot from time to time

-then I sync the PO files with it

-fr.po, for instance is complete : 479 translated messages

-apt 0.6.38 is released

-I download the sources, rebuild them

-po/fr.po is : 476translated, 3 fuzzies

-I resync with Matt again

-I build from that checkout

-fr.po is complete there 479 translated

Differences:

In 0.6.38:

#: cmdline/apt-get.cc:544
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
"WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.\n"
"This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!"

#: cmdline/apt-get.cc:865
#, fuzzy, c-format
msgid ""
"You are about to do something potentially harmful.\n"

In my copy:

#: cmdline/apt-get.cc:544
msgid ""
"WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed\n"
"This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!"

#: cmdline/apt-get.cc:865
#, c-format
msgid ""
"You are about to do something potentially harmful\n"

So, it actually seems that Matt's archive is not *exactly* what has been
released. How could this happen?

Michael, do you have a suggestion?