Re: Blockers of apt 0.6, not related to signature verification

On Thursday 17 February 2005 09:37 am, Michael Vogt wrote:
> So IMO if apt-0.6 enters sarge we should try to update aptitude as
> well

  Note that it's probably better to patch sarge's aptitude to support
authentication; because I thought that authentication wasn't going into
sarge, the experimental version of aptitude contains a number of major
unrelated changes (such as being ported to a newer version of the signalling
library).  Unless this is a free-for-all featurefest of course, which I don't
think it is :P

  You might want to generate some guidelines on how frontends should handle
package checking -- I originally tried to only warn the user when they first
installed an insecure package, but it's not clear that this can actually be
done securely with apt 0.6.

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|                  "He is so predictable, we could emulate                  |