libdrm-radeon1 and libdrm2

I have a new HP H8-1224 PC which has a Radeon HD7570 video card.  I'd
like to run wheezy on it.

This card is apparently supported in libdrm-radeon1 and libdrm2
2.4.34.  As you know, the current version in testing is 2.4.33.

I've built Debian packages from source before, making modifications.
But I've spent some time trying to figure out how I would go about
porting the changes from 2.4.34 into 2.4.33, and I figure out how to do
it.  It's not clear what is the minimum set of packages that need to be
rebuilt.   Is there some kind of documentation about this?

Is there a chance that 2.4.34 will get into testing or unstable in the
near future?

(I see that 3.4.37 is in the latest Ubuntu.)

Sorry to bother you with this.

Thanks for your contributions as maintainers.

Jack Dodds