Re: Future of xf86-input-evtouch

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:41:28AM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as discussed on IRC with Julien, I missed building the evtouch input
> driver against XServer 1.9 in experimental. The last version is from
> 2008, it's not hosted on fd.o, so we were thinking about dropping it
> post squeeze. Mattia, does that look sane to you?

yes it does. Making it build with 1.7 was painful enough and I doubt it
going to be any more fun in the future.
I guess the only concern is to make sure there is an upgrade path to
evdev and that the documentation is clear enough on how to replicate the
functionalities from evtouch.

One specific use case for evtouch was with virtual machines emulating a
touchscreen to simplify mouse grabbing and ungrabbing from the host to
the guest. It would be also interesting to verify that evdev can handle
that case no problem.

Other than that, perfectly fine :)
--
mattia