Re: xsfbs bug: configure not up to date after running debian/rules build

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> (29/03/2010):
> [ Please CC me in replies, I am not subscribed to this list. ]

[ Done. ]

> while preparing the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package I noticed
> that debuild remade the build target twice which is annoying.  I
> think this can be traced down to a bug in xfsbs.  My debian/rules
> targets look innocent enough, and they seem like what it recommended
> by xsfbs' README.source:
>
> [...]
> build: build-stamp
> build-stamp: configure
> 	dh_testdir
> 	test -d obj-$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) || mkdir obj-$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)
> 	cd obj-$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) && \
> 	../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man \
> 	             --infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info $(confflags) \
> 	             CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" CPPFLAGS="$(CPPFLAGS)"
> 	cd obj-$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) && $(MAKE)
> 	touch $@

I guess we should strip DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE from here, Julien already
removed it from a bunch of packages already. I'm going to have a look
soon.

> You can reproduce this problem with the xserver-xorg-video-fbdev
> package.

I'll have a look once I'm done with -nouveau.

Mraw,
KiBi.