Re: packages that need an epoch in Ubuntu

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 11:56:21PM +0200, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, David Nusinow wrote:
>
> >Hi Timo,
>
> Hi David,
>
> >That's fine by me, please send us patches to the list.
>
> Great, I'll send them later!

I think Julien has already incremented the epochs for you guys in
experimental, so he's way ahead of both of us :-) If you need more though,
just send the patches.

> >Does this mean that Ubuntu has an actual X maintainance team now? Who's on
> >this team aside from yourself? Also, would you please start sending us bug
> >reports for the patches you make to Xorg that you think are of use to
> >Debian? Dealing with the automated patch system is a pain, and I'd much
> >rather have some contact with real humans working on Ubuntu again.
>
> There is a team, members can be seen here:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat
>
> but as you know, no one is dedicated working on X at the moment.

Right, I was hoping that a dedicated community team might have assembled.

> As for patches, there probably are some for the drivers, I need to check.
> Mesa/xorg-server has been covered on this list already (I've dropped those
> that were pointed as broken or otherwise not needed), libx11 has some that
> you can see here (diff against the libx11 in experimental, patches from
> the previous version, note that 103 is left for reference):
>
> http://users.tkk.fi/~tjaalton/xorg72/new/libx11.diff

Coolness, thank you!

 - David Nusinow