Re: compiz packages

* Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 23:37 +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> >
> > With that patch applied (actually only replacing glXQueryExtensionString()
> > with glXQueryServerString()) compiz actually runs, but doesn't really do
> > anything. Running gnome-window-decorator or not doesn't seem to make a
> > difference. compiz merely replaces metacity but doesn't actually seem to do
> > any window managing at all.
>
> Are you making sure it's using indirect rendering?
> GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap doesn't work with direct rendering yet with
> AIGLX.

Running compiz with the --indirect-rendering option seems to hang compiz.
Running without --indirect-rendering doesn't work either (window decorations
disappear, menus no longer open when clicked, ...), but at least compiz can
be interrupted with Ctrl+C.

Completely disabling DRI (i.e. Option "DRI" "false" in xorg.conf) seems to
make things progress a little further, except now there seems to be a problem
with GLXFBConfig:

    compiz: No GLXFBConfig for default depth, this isn't going to work.

There is a patch by Kristian Høgsberg[1], but it doesn't seem to solve the
problem. There also seem to be a number of other patches around, so I will
keep trying to get this to work.

Thierry

[1]: http://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/compiz-on-aiglx/compiz-0.0.13.fedora1-fbconfig-depth-fix.patch