Re: why are xlibmesa-gl deps different on arm etc. from i386?

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 04:36 +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I have been investing the egoboo build failure:
> http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=egoboo&a=arm
>
> reported as bug#332734 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=332734
>
> It fails on all archs apart from i386 because on i386 xlibmesa-gl depends on
> libxxf86vm1 but on the other arches it doesn't (only checked on arm, but
> they exhibit the same problem).

xlibmesa-gl does depend on libxxf86vm1 on powerpc. Also, libXxf86vm is
merely a runtime dependency of libGL, linking to libGL doesn't require
explicitly linking to libXxf86vm, so xlibmesa-gl-dev doesn't need to
depend on libxxf86vm-dev in any case.

> My question (primarily to the X people) is: "Is this right, or should the
> dependencies be the same on all arches?"

They should be the same everywhere wrt libxxf86vm1, not sure why that's
missing on arm.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant for the egoboo build failure.
-lXxf86vm is spelt out on the link line, so either it's hardcoded in the
egoboo build (in which case egoboo needs to build-depend on
libxxf86vm-dev), or you need to find out where it's picking it up from.