Re: KM400A issues with new x.org server packages

El Miércoles, 20 de Julio de 2005 19:18, John R. Hogerhuis escribió:
> OK, after upgrading to latest xserver-xorg, it was still broken (i.e. it
> overwrote the last libvgahw.a you sent me with a non-working one). When

	Hello, John. Yes, this is expected behaviour. :-)

> I came to the computer today if I switched back and forth to console
> screen, the console would end up with random foreground and background
> palette changes. I reset the xserver. The green vertical lines were
> back. Switching to console mode got rid of the green lines, but the
> random palette changes continued.
>
> I got your email and installed this libvgahw.a and restarted X. The
> vertical green lines were gone. So it worked. When I switch to the
> console I was still getting random palette changes even with the new
> patch.
>
> So I rebooted the system as you suggested, and I can no longer reproduce
> the random palette changes on the console.

	Yes, the corruption sometimes goes away only with a reboot, that is why I
suggested in my mail.

> So as far as I can tell, the latest libvgahw.a cures the problem.

	Thank you very much for your help. We will include this fix in the upcoming
6.8.2.dfsg.1-4 release.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--