Re: problem with left-handed mouse on X - is GPM to blame or is it X?

[Zeph Hull dropped from Cc.]

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 12:29:35PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Given how everyone in this family is left-handed, I recently got around
> inverting the order of the mouse buttons in GPM; works great in console.
>
> Since GPM is setup as a repeater for X, I thought that X would also end up
> defaulting to inverted button order, but it doesn't.
>
> I haven't found any option in X to configure the button order and Googling
> didn't tell me anything relevant about perhaps selecting a different protocol in
> GPM to get everything working in X the same way it does on console.
>
> Would anybody happen to have a cure for this?

There is information in the Debian X FAQ about this.

/usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz

http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ

Please let us know if it is insufficient.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Religion consists in a set of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    things which the average man thinks