Re: ati driver shows nothing on screen, but server runs

Le Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 13:11:32 +0200, Michel Dänzer a écrit:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:46, simon@nuit.ca wrote:
> >

> Maybe just the sync ranges in the Monitor section; older Apple hardware
> tends to require special treatment there.

i just added some modelines and Load entries, and according to my
understanding of the log, it's using an older mode that i set up
previously. but now it shows up on-screen.

> You shouldn't report problems with unofficial packages here. The
> documentation of my packages clearly states where to report problems; if
> you disagree, patches are welcome.

oh. oops, here i thought this was a support ML and not the project
one... sorry people *blush*

> by xserver-xfree86, but seem to have overwritten the atimisc driver with
> one which contains DRI support? Quite a mess...).

yes, i know it's a mess, but i used the dri.sf.net stuff, which
installed to the same exact locations that debian uses for the various
files. i tarred up the distributed files Just In Case (tm), and as
suggested by the site (nice looking wiki BTW).

um, something occured to me as to why it wouldn't show up on screen. i
added these to the Modules section: ddc, GLcore.  i just had these
speedo.

i must say that having accelerated video is rather impressive :).
everything's faster now.

cheers

--
| ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/             |