Re: Unidentified subject!

The strange thing is this:

What fixed it was removing some unused (but valid) cruft, including the
sections for the second monitor (which I don't have plugged in
anyhow).  How these sections (which validated fine before) could have led
to unresolved symbols....

The wheel mouse I really don't get because I looked at the auto-configured
mouse in redhat and the XF86Config file is identical in that respect.

I will take your advice and play with debconf.

thanks for your help,
                 noah silva