Re: Getting X server crash backtrace

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 12:26:17PM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > I guess -dbg X server package is needed...
>
> I am disappointed that you reached this conclusion, completle with
> speculation as to how such a package would be named, and then didn't
> even bother to look for one.
>
> % apt-cache search xserver | grep -i debug
> xserver-xfree86-dbg - the XFree86 X server (static version with
> debugging symbols)

You misunderstood me.
I know about this package.
But I would like to know what will be next after 45 megabyte download (a
large one for me).
I can't just run it under gdb on non-networked workstation - I will get a
system hang on the crash event.
The question was - how to get a crashed server's core? Perefably without
human interaction - the machine in question is located at user's home, I
can't sit for hours there waiting for a crash ...

If there is documentation in xserver-xfree86-dbg, just tell me about it,
and I will proceed and download it.