Re: X Fonts problems (Helvetica and others show up blank)

Le mar 14/10/2003 à 17:10, Gregory Stark a écrit :
> Helvetica and Courier shows up blank. That is it's just an empty area that I
> can select and copy and paste into another program. The height of the blank
> lines is only a few pixels and the background colour underneath shows through.
> I don't know what would cause this.

I had the same problem, and I found that the cause was the Windows
bitmapped I copied with the .TTF fonts. They're called .FON or something
like that, IIRC. I just deleted them and voilà.

Now, I still have another problem: under mozilla, I can click only the
bottom half of hyperlinks. Similarly under GTK+2, some label widgets
don't get refreshed if only their bottom half is obscured by another
window. Apparently pango or freetype get the ascent (or some other
value) of the font wrong, but I didn't figure out why.

	Xav