Re: SOLVED Problem with X 4.2.1 and Matrox G400 dual-head setup

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 08:54:35AM -0700, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> Thanks to Simon Hepburn and Sebastien Picard for their sapient replies.
>
> Simon pointed out that I had mis-matched drivers, the mga_hal driver was
> compiled for X4.1, not X4.2. Weird, because the driver either came from:
> -The latest xfree86 deb
> -The 4.2.0 drivers distributed by Matrox
> -Compiled locally from the xfree 4.2.0 source
> -Or perhaps the mga_hal driver came from somewhere else years ago and the deb
> updates have been ignoring it. I notice that the xfree86 sources don't
> contain an mga_hal driver...

It's pretty easy to find out whether or not it came from a Debian
package...

$ dpkg -S /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga*

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if