Re: Old XFree86 packages

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 07:57:33AM -0700, Mikael Claesson wrote:
> I've been searching in vain for XFree86 4.0.1 or 4.0.2
> packages. I tried the debian-user list but get no
> reply, so I try here. I hope I'm not breaking list
> rules.

Not really; X questions that don't get answered elsewhere tend to
trickly down to here.  :)

> Does anyone know where I can find them?

I don't know of any place.

> Or if that's not possible, how I can build my own?

Tricky.  I suggest bolting the earliest debian/ directory from a Debian
XFree86 source package you can find (*after* 3.3.6, though -- don't
bother with that) onto the 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 sources.

There *will* be changes you will have to make.  If you're not
experienced with Debian packaging the task may be very difficult.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       I met a man who wasn't there.