xfree86 (4.2.0-0pre1v3) install (upgrade) issue

When upgrading from one version to another, debconf sees fit to overwrite my XF86Config-4 with another one. (I consider it's doing that dubious. For example, it threw out my loading of xie extension, which I do for my tablet)

1. It installs freetype and xtt modules, which have duplicate symbols.
2. It seems confused by what HorizSync/VertRefresh to use,

	Mine
		HorizSync	30-70
		VertRefresh	50-180
	It's
		HorizSync	30-75
		VertRefresh	50-85

The monitor is a ViewSonic GS771, using a Matrox G200 adapter.

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley@earthlink.net