Re: patches reviewing -- Road to xfree86 4.2.0

Hi,

 Sorry for delaying to reply.
 I'm now very very busy on my own job... :-<

>> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
>> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 08:46:28PM +0900, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:
>> >  I know you did a lot of the patch merging. But I don't know
>> > detail of merging which peace of the patches ware merged into
>> > upstream and which one is not.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your work, ISHIKAWA-san.
>>
>> I've finished the patch merging and gotten everything synced up and
>> applying cleanly (no fuzz, no offsets).
>>
>> Thanks to your efforts, xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v1 only required several more
>> hours of labor to prepare (as opposed to days).

 Thank you for uploading xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v1 :-)

>> >  No, it is common font encoding conversion layer called
>> > `fontenc layer' library. It is separated from libXfont.
>>
>> Hmm.  Could it be used to support on-the-fly font transcoding?  Is it
>> just that the work hasn't been done yet?

 Humm... fontenc layer is not new one. Fontenc layer is already
included since XFree86 4.0. The Fontenc layer functions ware included
in the libXfont.Fontenc layer is separated from libXfont, this library
is called libfontenc.a since XFree86 4.2.

 About fontenc layer is described in section 4.1 of README.fonts.

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>, <ishikawa@debian.org>, <ishikawa@netvillage.co.jp>