Re: Is the 4.2 .orig.tar.gz final?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 05:09:01AM +0800, csj wrote:
> Is the file:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~branden/sid/source/xfree86_4.2.0.orig.tar.gz
>
> the same one that would make it to testing? Would all subsequent changes
> to the Debian source be made to the .diff.gz? I would like to test 4.2
> but I'm on a dialup connection.

I cannot make any promises, but at the moment I cannot think of a reason
that the .orig.tar.gz I'm currently using would change.

Oops.  I just realized why I'm going to have to go back on something I
told Adam Heath.  I told him I'd upload -0pre1v2 to experimental.

I'm not going to do that now.  I'm not going to do it until I have much
more confidence that I won't have to change the .orig.tar.gz, and at
that point I'll probably be confident enough just to dump the thing in
unstable.

If you want to know my reasoning for the above, take a very, very deep
breath, put on hip boots, and read

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2001/debian-ctte-200108/msg00000.html

and all the follow-ups.

(You'll note that the archive admins never did document anything, as
requested by the Technical Committee.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Exercise your freedom of religion.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Set fire to a church of your