Re: xserver-xfree86 replacing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:50:24PM -0400, David N Kordonowy wrote:
> Well, I suppose I thought that xserver-xfree86 would change the debconf
> section that /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 pointed to (in this case
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.sun), and not erase the link and replace it with a
> new file.  Is this policy part of debconf?

It is the "dexconf" command that does this.  I'm not sure Debian Policy
is clear on what to do with non-conffile configuration files that have
been changed to symlinks by the administrator.

Blindly following symlinks can be very bad.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |          You live and learn.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |          Or you don't live long.