Re: Lots of problems with Debian unstable on Matrox G200

Simon Hepburn wrote:

> Would that be the mga_drv.o that came with X 4.2.1 or the one that came in
> the matrox tarball ? I think you need the matrox version to use
> mga_hal_drv.o. Did you copy back the matrox mga_drv.o after you upgraded X

I should have thought some more...from your log file:

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_hal_drv.o
(II) Module mga_hal: vendor="The XFree86 Project"

You are trying to use a module compiled for X4.0.3. In the latest matrox
tarball you will find a dir containing modules compiled for X4.2. The
mga_drv_hal.o in that dir works fine with either version of mga_drv.o. At
least that's my experience with a G450. YMMV.

--
Simon Hepburn.