Re: dri on the intel i810

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:53:04PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 03:52, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> > Hello everyone. Again, please cc me if you respond as I'm not
> > subscribed.
> >
> > Attach: /root/glxout glxinfo output
> >
> > I'm still trying to debug the dri on intel i810 video cards for our
> > next release, and strangely the xfree86 log says that everything is
> > fine and says "direct rendering enabled" but glxinfo says "direct rendering: no".
>
> This one had me stunned for a while. But then I recalled something: The
> i810 driver was broken in 4.2.0 such that DRI didn't work unless XvMC
> was also enabled. This has been fixed on the XFree86 CVS trunk on May
> 14th, apparently not yet on the 4.2 branch.

That did it! You are awesome. thank you.

I found at this url: http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-February/015571.html

that you can add this to your xf86config file:

Option "XvMCSurfaces" "6"

in the device section. And it will fix dri on the i810. But we really
should include this patch in our debs.

The patch can be found here:

http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-February/015571.html

and it's listed in the cvs changelog here:

http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/changes.html

"135. Fix enabling of DRI when XvMC is disabled (#5208, Matthew
Sottek, Intel).:

--
michael cardenas
lead software engineer