Re: PROPOSED: new package: xinit

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 04:58:41PM +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:31:08 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Disadvantages of a new "xinit" package:
>
> > 	2) Anybody who manages to not have the metapackages installed,
> > 	   and gets xinit but not xbase-clients, may end up wondering
> > 	   where that stuff is, and will file bugs instead of RTFM'ing.
>
> Wouldn't a suitable Recommends: dependency from the packages to the
> metapackages be a reasonable precaution to prevent this?

Now, I just got done asking people to address the core of the proposal,
not the peripheral issues.

The only things that are supposed to declare relationships on
metapackages are other metapackages IIRC.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Convictions are more dangerous
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       enemies of truth than lies.