Re: Pax Displayicus Managerius (or: a proposal on how to get display managers to stop conflicting with each other)

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 02:43:33PM -0400, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> It certainly looks like the best solution I've seen to the problem.

Thanks!

> It's too bad that we're not likely to get this into policy for woody.
> Since non of the display managers are frozen yet (correct?) might we
> still be able to implement this "unofficially", presuming we get the
> maintainers to all agree on the implementation?

Yes, presuming we can.  Ryan Murray has some objections but he hasn't
mailed the list with them yet.

Also, as I understand it, login.app isn't a display manager (though it
does some stuff with /etc/inittab which makes me uncomfortable), so the
only people affected are {g,k,w,x}dm.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     It's not a matter of alienating
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     authors.  They have every right to