From: dog <dog@dog.net.uk>
To: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Subject: xfree86 4.0.1-10
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:02:54 +0000

hi branden,

upgrading from 4.0.1-8 to 4.0.1-10 i started having a problem running X as
anything but root (user not authorised to run the X server). i've hacked
around this temporarily by making /usr/X11R6/bin/X a symlink to XFree86 and
XFree86 setuid root, but obviously this is not ideal. are users supposed to
be members of some new group?
--
dog

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    I must despise the world which does not
Debian GNU/Linux               |    know that music is a higher revelation