> Architecture: alpha i386 powerpc sparc
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
>  Sorry, no extended desription yet.
>
> Package: xlibosmesa-dev
> Architecture: alpha i386 powerpc sparc
> Depends: xlibosmesa3
> development files
>  Sorry, no extended desription yet.
>
> Why is debhelper trying to move those files?
>
> Oh, I'll bet debhelper doesn't pay attention to the control file for
> dh_movefiles.  Damn.

dh_movefiles uses the same library every other debhelper command uses to
determine what packages to act on.

dh_listpackages will tell you what packages every debhelper command is
acting on.

You may want the -s flag.

       -s, --same-arch
              This is a smarter version of the -a flag,  that  is
              used  in  some  rare  circumstances. It understands
              that if the control file lists "Architecture: i386"
              for the package, the package should not be acted on
              on other architectures. So this flag makes the com-
              mand  act  on  all "Architecture: any" packages, as
              well as on  any  packages  that  have  the  current
              architecture explicitly specified.  Contrast to the
              -a flag, which makes the command work on all  pack-
              ages that are not architecture independant.

--
see shy jo