Re: two displays?

* Dariush Pietrzak <eyck@forumakad.pl> [000907 03:46]:
> Could please send me your experiences with that setup?

Ok, I stole back my second monitor from a friend who was borrowing it.
>From what I see so far, I like xinerama, but there are a few strange
things going on; first, some of the windows that show in my primary
display, mitsubishi 900u, have some vertical gray bars, similar to
interlace (remember? :) except vertical. This hasn't happened yet on my
Sony Multiscan 200sf, the second monitor. I am running the 900u at
1600@1200 (using the high-horizontal refresh rate trick I mentioned
earlier, in order to run at 74 Hz) and the Sony at 1280x1024, I think.
(75 Hz.)

Very simple to get the whole thing setup. I am using Matrox's drivers,
and the kernel modules are loaded (agpgart and mga).

Not bad, but two identical monitors would work better. My Sony is much
brighter than my Mitsubishi (both in their lowest setting, I am a
night-owl) which is causing a bit of strain.

HNot bad though. And fun to look at. Hopefully, having enough space for
two very long windows, and the documentation onscreen all at once will
help me finish this programming lab faster. :)

Thanks everyone, good work branden. :)

(BTW, I got some signal 11s when I was trying to run the two monitors
too quickly. I will try to look into this tomorrow if I have the time.
:)