Re: 6.8.2 packages available anywhere?

Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:

> I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I have to downgrade my system to
> 6.8.2 to overcome a few problems (primarily x.org buzilla id 5443). But now I

Yeah, this bit me too. :-/

> can't find xserver-xorg 6.8.2 anywhere.
>
> I seem to recall a server that contained old Debian packages. Or failing that
> does anyone have xserver-xorg 6.8.2 somewhere? Is it likely to work with the
> rest of 6.9.0 X or am I going to have to downgrade everything?

You'll run into DRI version skew, and consequently be stuck with
software rendering, unless you downgrade (and hold back)
xlib(os)mesa-* in addition to xserver-xorg(-dbg).  Apart from that, I
haven't encountered any problems with mixing and matching versions.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.