Re: [branden@deadbeast.net: [millerjr@u.washington.edu: a few legacy X servers]]

Seth,

I just realized this discussion was cc'ed to debian-x.

I wasn't sure what your relation to Branden was; I figured you were an
intern at his new job.  (your original mail was long, much formatting, and
I read it in a small, badly fonted win terminal, in a glare, which was
difficult.)

I now presume you read this on the debian-x and did not represent Branden.
I don't recall if I did or did not honor the list cc in my replies; I
recall being asked, but I didn't see a cc, so I responded arbitrarily.
Later I was upgrading and getting strange behavior from xterms (unstable
perl recovery) so there's a chance of machine error.  I never saw a cc.

Some things I wrote you that may not have made it to the list probably
should've gotten to Branden, but it's kind of late for that now.

Though some people at XF should have gotten this message, they seem far
more oblivious even than myself, so I somehow doubt much good resulted
from airing this on debian-x, with the possible exception of providing
comic relief.

Additionally, selective editing of my email probably insured very little
of my message actually made it to the list.  That's unfortunate, but this
is not the time and place for this discussion.

SET REPLY TO THE LIST.  DO NOT CC OR EMAIL ME DIRECTLY.

Jake
millerjr@u.washington.edu