Re: XFree86 4.0.1 doesn't detect Permedia2 chip

Michael, not having a Permedia card, I can't promise great results.
However, I have an idea...

* Michael Neuffer <neuffer@itserv-gmbh.com> [001107 00:31]:
> (II) GLINT: driver for 3Dlabs chipsets: gamma, ti_pm2, ti_pm, pm3, pm2v,
> 	pm2, pm, 300sx, 500tx, mx
> (WW) GLINT: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0) found
> (EE) No devices detected.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

Based on the WW line, I suggest adding a device section to you
XF86Config-4 (or modifying the one you have) to say something similar to
what mine says:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "G400_0"
        Driver      "mga"
        VendorName  "Matrox"
        BoardName   "MGA G400 AGP"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Screen      0
EndSection

Note the "BusID" line. :)

HTH

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''