Re: xfree 4.0 crash

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 04:43:56AM -0500, matt wrote:

>    Voodoo3 Crash- not much to say here because I have no clue why it isnt
>    working

>    (II) Module glide: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>            compiled for 4.0.1d, module version = 1.0.0

The glide module is for driving old-style Voodoo and Voodoo 2 cards as if
they were 2D devices. I've never managed to get it to work with a Voodoo
2, and it certainly shouldn't with a V3. If you have a line calling for
the glide driver to be loaded then remove it - the correct one is called
tdfx.

>    (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libglide2x.so

You also probably don't want to have libglide2 installed when you're using
XFree 4 with a V3, since anything that tries to use it will lock the
entire system if you have DRI set up.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@cam.ac.uk