Re: Suggestion

On Fri, 2021-02-19 at 21:42 -0600, Carlos Méndez wrote:
> Hello, my name is Carlos Méndez, the reason for this email is not to
> report an error, I simply want to suggest a small change in the design
> of the main page.
>
> Exactly in the area that contains the distribution logo and the search
> form.
>
> The vertical size of both elements (the logo and the search form) is not
> homogeneous, which breaks the design of the main page a bit.
>
> My suggestion is to make both elements have a more homogeneous size
> (vertically), Resizing the search form using CSS, Optionally, the image
> of the logo can be used that distributes the elements horizontally to
> take advantage of the space.
>
> And also optionally the color palette style can be added to the search
> form.
>
> I know that the website development team must be very busy, and I would
> like to be able to collaborate to improve the website design.
>
> I would like to know how I can collaborate in the design of the main
> page or another section.
>
> I have knowledge in HTML, CSS and Javascript.
>
> I respectfully bid you farewell, and I thank you for taking the time to
> read this email.

If you're wondering where the website itself is built from, the source is
at https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml .  It uses a mix of WML
and other scripts.  WML is a semi-deprecated static site generator, and
you probably won't see it in many other places.  It's fairly simple to
understand: it's syntax is very much HTML based.  If you'd like to make
contributions to the website, then submitting pull requests to the
repositiory is probably the easiest way.