Re: questions regading some encoding troubles in webwml

Bonjour Patrice,

Patrice Duroux <patrice.duroux@gmail.com> (2021-02-22):
> After observing the following broken char here:
> Introduction � l'empaquetage Debian
> <https://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#packaging-tutorial> in
> https://www.debian.org/doc/index.fr.html
>
> For that I went to its source file in the salsa module. But:
> 1. the rendering in salsa is surprising because it seems to handle a
> mixed-encoding situation, and so here we cannot see the mismatch:
> https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/french/doc/index.wml
> 2. I also observed some encoding variations regarding the apostrophe
> character that sometimes is the classic (U+0027) or the (U+2019). In my
> opinion, an apostrophe should be U+0027 and U+2019 uses for the right close
> single quotation mark.
>
> So have Debian any rules/recommendations on the formal content?
> Any tool used to validate before (or after) any changes? (like a testcheck
> in its make?)
> Otherwise may I proceed directly using the edition facility of salsa?

This is a rendering issue with wml/buster:
  https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/merge_requests/596

Hopefully that'll go away when a fixed version is deployed on the
machine building the website.

Cc-ing Axel as a gentle reminder. ;)

Cheers,